The second gem out of the Grande Baile box.
01. Cerveja (Boots Brown) - Star Boys
02. Matilda (Harry Thomas) - Conjunto de Fred e Richard
03. Se Acaso Você Chegasse (L. Rodrigues / F. Martins) - Casé e Conjunto
04. Recado (Djalma Ferreira / L. Antonio) - Willy King e Conjunto
05. E Daí (Miguel Gustavo) - Rúben e Conjunto
06. Cote D'Azur (V. Silvester / E. Wilson) - Willy King e Conjunto
07. Abismo (Anisio Silva) - Paolo Mezzaroma e Orquestra
08. Sonhando Contigo (A. Silva / F. Guimarães) - Conjunto de Fred e Richard
09. Tea For Two (V. Youmans / I. Caesar) - Rúben e Conjunto
10. Carinho E Amor (Tito Madi) - Casé e Conjunto
11. Ave Maria (V. Paiva / J. Redondo) - Robledo e Conjunto
12. El Choclo (Villodo / Discepolo / Catan) - Papi Bernal e Conjunto
BOX GRANDE BAILE VOL. 2
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos
DISCASTRO by Brasilliance:
This album series is a mystery as Discastro, probably a subsidiary, is a label extremely hard to research. There are at least five volumes of this series, all with very similar though great art work.
Research gives the impression that Vol. 1, 2 and 5 feature colourful mixes of musicians while Vol. 3 and 4 feature only pianist Ruben and sax player Casé. In fact, at least two volumes were issued with different covers and track lists:
LINK 1, LINK 2, LINK 3, LINK 4
Casé’s fine renditions of Carinho e Amor and Se Acaso Você Chegasse presented on this volume are in fact the ones from his 1960 album Samba Irresistível. Therefore, I assume that Grande Baile is a compilation series of previously issued recordings, maybe mixed with unreleased material. I don’t remember when or where but I once found a source claiming that Grande Baile Vol. 3 was released in 1966.
However, this is a series sporting splendid art work on the outside and pleasing sounds on the inside.